DIY Cuticle oil

How many of you know about cuticle oil? Well, well even I came to know during my trip to Hawaii ,when I was shopping gifts to family. The ingredients of this oil makes a perfect DIY project.
Cuticles are a tiny, funny little bit of the body ignored and abused between hand washing and all other mean things that happens to our hands. If the cuticles are not well moisturized, they're more prone to splitting or breaking leaving finger beds vulnerable to injury. It just takes a minute to prepare the oil if you have right ingredients.
Ingredients:
  • Lavender infused jojoba oil
  • Vitamin E oil
  • Lavender EO
  • Frankincense EO
  • Gernaium Rose EO
Steps:
  • Clean out an used nail polish bottle or you can use roller pens
  • Fill the bottle with the above ingredients one by one.
  • Gently shake the contents to blend well.
For 10 drops of carrier oil, use 2 drops of Vitamin E and 1 drop of EO. You can add some real flowers. I got the real flowers from a local craft store.
I prefer Jojoba oil as it mimics skin's natural sebum and absorbs quickly. Argan oil/grapeseed oil/almond oil are other options.
It can be applied during bed time or just apply during work. Shake it well before each application. With regular use I noticed an overall improvement of my cuticles. This is another essential in my purse along with the lip balm. Cuticle oil can be used for brittle nails as well. Do not apply nail polish after applying cuticle oil. Will share cuticle cream in my next post.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY alkanet lip balm

Avo Olive Hair mask