DIY Shea Butter Choco Lip Balm

Sharing my favorite and popular DIY lip balm.As an Arizonian, I take extra care of my skin, hair and myself to survive scorching summers by preparing my own recipes to avoid any chemicals.I planned to prepare some home made organic tinted lip balm.Here is one of my favorite lip balm recipe with chocolatey flavor that is super nourishing.
The basic lip balm formula is
  1. 3 parts carrier oil (you can mix and match multiple oils)
  2. 1 part beeswax
  3. 1 part body butter
  4. Few drops of essential oil
  5. The other optional ingredients are vitamin E oil, any organic powder for tint, honey etc
I used 2 tbsps of avocado oil, 1 tbsp of jojoba oil to 1 tbsp of Shea butter and bees wax,1 tsp cocoa powder and 3 drops of peppermint EO.
Procedure:
1.Melt the oils and butter at low heat stirring occasionally using double broiler method. Once the butter is melted add beeswax and stir well. (Do not over melt as the Shea butter could end up a little gritty).
2.Remove the mixture from heat and add essential oil, cocoa powder and vitamin E oil whisking well. I used peppermint EO.
3.After everything is blended well and smooth, transfer to a lip balm or tube.
The cocoa powder doesn't give much color at all but just a very light tan hue.Avocado oil moisturizes dry lips and jojoba oil softens and nourishes skin. The carrier oils can be tweaked as per the nature of skin.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY alkanet lip balm

DIY Cuticle oil

Avo Olive Hair mask