DIY Hair oil

Here is my magic hair oil which solves a plethora of hair problems. Lately I had a massive hair loss and my hair was hardly re growing and the volume dropped to very thin. I had to tweak the routine ingredients of hair oil and follow some extra hair care steps. The result is awesome and I see new strands of hair all over my scalp. Well, here is the procedure:
Ingredients:
  • 2 oz organic virgin coconut oil
  • 1 oz Jamaican black castor oil
  • 1 oz pomegranate oil(cold pressed)
  • 0.5 oz cranberry seed oil
  • Dried organic hibiscus flowers(home grown)
  • Dried amla
  • Licorice root
  • Fenu Greek seeds
  • Curry leaves

Procedure:
1. Warm coconut oil with all the herbs/flowers until curry leaves turn dry.
2. Remove from stove and add all other oils and induce the mixture for a day.
3. Finally strain the oil mixture and pour in a glass bottle.
4. I added few strands of hibiscus, amla and licorice to the concoction.
5. Before applying invert the bottle several times and roll again.
How to apply:
Massage the oil into your scalp for about 15 minutes and then work it through the length of your hair. Leave it on for an additional 45 minutes - 2 hours or over night. I prefer over night.
Why this works:
Hibiscus and amla are rich in amino acids and vitamin c which are essential hair growth nutrients.
Curry leaves prevent premature hair graying and helps restore melanin.
Jamaican black castor oil is no big difference from regular castor oil except the processing method. Jamaican is developed by first roasting the castor bean which results in dark color due to the burnt ashes of the bean. The ash found in JBCO raises the pH level which makes the oil more alkaline . This helps hair cuticles and also supports the keratin in our hair.
Cranberry seed oil- this oil has been gaining recognition as a superior oil due to its unique balance of Omega 3 and vitamin E.
Pomegranate seeds oil - my new found love ( Will share other body products ) , is a luxurious oil contains flavonoids and punicic acid. Only a small amount is needed to achieve beneficial results.Both the oils are highly priced as it takes 200 pounds of seeds to get one pound of oil.
Everyone’s hair is different, it might take a bit of trial and error to find the perfect fit. My hair is super super silky, I don't need a comb and can set my hair easily with fingers 😁. I also follows additional steps of applying onion juice/potato juice 20 minutes before taking head bath.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY alkanet lip balm

DIY Cuticle oil

Avo Olive Hair mask